Well, finally the FIRST issue of 2022 was released. It was extremely quiet today. I was just on the dot at 08:30 am… and it was still very quiet. Usually there would be a small group at the counter.
The issue is a throwback to the Festival Food series of 2017 and makes a nice continuation. of the Malaysia Food thematic series. On checking at the brochure, indeed the designer is KY Lim from Reign Associates.
I was able to figure out how to stick the stamps to make a composite FDC without overlapping anything and minimising the number of cancellations/chops! In addition, it was possible to make a nice block using the borders! Here are the designs I made:
It was then off to find some nice ingredients…. first stop, to get the green colour…
Traffic as getting heavier by the day. I narrowly escaped the lunch time traffic to reach my next stop. Historically the kuih (savouries) are from the Malay archipelago. Thus I headed the the main source.
Then it was off to more concordancy!
Where are some nice concordant locations:
- Kuih Akok: Kelantan, Terengganu
- Kuih Bakar: Negeri Sembilan, Melaka, Johor and any match with Pandan a main ingredient
- Kuih Kapit: Melaka, Kapit
- Kuih Jala: Sarawak, Sabah
- Kuih Bahulu: Terengganu
- UPM Serdang Post Office (another issue with inputs from Faculty of Food Science and Technology, UPM) … remember Edible Flowers? Professor Dr Muhammad Shahrim again provided inputs for this issue.
I guess these kuihs have been enjoyed everywhere that we can now find them across Malaysia.
How was your day?