Here is a collection of articles as it appeared during the Movement Control Order period. The Movement Control Order was a restriction on movement to increase social distancing as well as to temporarily close non-essential businesses to control the increase in the spread of COVID-19 coronavirus. COVID-19 has become a global pandemic.
The Movement Control Order (MCO) is known as Perintah Kawalan Pergerakan (PKP) in the Malaysian Language. Some media translated the Movement Control Order as Movement Restriction Order.
Initially the Movement Control Order was announced on 16 March 2020 to begin on 18 March 2020 and end on 31 March 2020.
However on 25 March 2020, the Movement Control Order was extended to end on 14 April 2020. This is known as Phase 2 with stricter measures on movement.
On 10 April 2020, an announcement was made that the Movement Control Order was further extended from 15 April 2020 to 28 April 2020 as Phase 3.
Another announcement was made on 23 April 2020 to further extend the Movement Control Order to Phase 4 from 29 April 2020 to 12 May 2020.
However on 01 May 2020, partially through the Movement Control Order Phase 4, a new phase called Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) was implemented to start from 04 May 2020. In this phase within a phase, a great number of industries were allowed to operate.
On 10 May 2020, the Conditional Movement Control Order was further extended to 09 June 2020.
Note: During the Movement Control Order, areas where there is a large outbreak is managed as an Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) with very strict movement control.
Here is a summary of the Movement Control Order Phases:
Movement Control Order Phase 1: 18 – 31 March 2020
Movement Control Order Phase 2: 01 – 14 April 2020
Movement Control Order Phase 3: 15 – 28 April 2020
Movement Control Order Phase 4: 29 April – 12 May 2020, ended abruptly on 03 May 2020
Conditional Movement Control Order was implemented from 04 May 2020 – 12 May 2020
Conditional Movement Control Order extension: 13 May – 09 June 2020
Here are the articles:
- Pos Malaysia’s COVID-19 Service Alert issued on 17 March 2020: https://myfdc.me/2020/03/17/covid-19-mail/
- First Mails posted on 18 March 2020 from the Kuala Lumpur General Post Office: https://myfdc.me/2020/03/18/18-march-2020-only-essential-services-operating/
- Pos Malaysia reduces service hour on 20 March 2020: https://myfdc.me/2020/03/20/20-march-2020-pos-malaysia-reduces-the-service-hours/
- First usage of the COVID-19 safety slogan on 24 March 2020: https://myfdc.me/2020/03/25/covid-19-slogan-cancellation-on-covid-19-movement-control-order-period/
- Impacts to the tentative Malaysia Stamp Schedule: https://myfdc.me/2020/03/25/probable-scenarios-on-the-malaysia-stamp-issue-schedule-2020/
- A study on the COVID-19 safety slogan: https://myfdc.me/2020/03/27/getting-the-pos-malaysia-covid-19-movement-control-order-safety-slogan/
- Documenting the events on personal printed covers: https://myfdc.me/2020/03/28/envelopes-sizes-used-in-the-world/
- WHO and various postal authority guidance on receiving mails: https://myfdc.me/2020/03/29/guidance-from-authoritative-sources-receiving-mail-during-the-covid-19-period/
- First usage of the anti COVID-19 logo safety slogan on 27 March 2020: https://myfdc.me/2020/04/01/30-march-2020-new-pos-malaysia-covid-19-safety-slogan/
- Interruption to International Mail: https://myfdc.me/2020/03/31/31-march-2020-pos-malaysia-announced-an-interruption-to-international-mail-and-parcel/
- Start of Phase 2 Movement Control Order: https://myfdc.me/2020/04/03/todays-covid-19-safety-slogan-mail-01-april-2020-start-of-phase-2-movement-control-order/
- Alternate day collection, postmarking and delivery: https://myfdc.me/2020/04/06/alternate-pos-malaysia-deliveries-and-pick-ups-during-the-movement-control-order-period/
- Pos Malaysia making the Anti COVID-19 logo safety slogan available to Standing Order Deposit Account holders: https://myfdc.me/2020/04/14/pos-malaysia-making-the-covid-19-safety-slogan-available-to-soda/
- Resumption of International Mail and Parcel service: https://myfdc.me/2020/04/23/pos-malaysia-international-mail-and-parcel-services-resumption/
- Tabulation of slogan for mails posted out of Kuala Lumpur postbox: https://myfdc.me/2020/04/15/report-from-the-recipients-processed-in-machine-10/
- Start of Phase 3 Movement Order Control: https://myfdc.me/2020/04/21/15-april-2020-postmark-start-of-movement-control-order-phase-3/
- More slogan usages: https://myfdc.me/2020/04/22/22-april-2020-some-nice-surprises-in-the-mail/
- Almost all post office reopened: https://myfdc.me/2020/05/04/04-may-2020-reopening-of-all-post-offices-under-the-conditional-movement-control-order/
- The mails from the Klang Valley Mall Post Offices were collected on the latter part of the day on 05 May 2020 and processed in the National Mail Centre on 06 May 2020 onwards. The mails were processed on Machine 03 (single ring), Machine 03 (double ring), Machine 08 (single ring). This was gathered from period mail drops into the mall post office until the morning of 05 May 2020.
Known dates of the COVID-19 safety slogan cancellation:
- 24 March 2020: Non-logo type slogan
- 25 March 2020: Non-logo type slogan
- 27 March 2020: Logo type slogan
- 30 March 2020: Logo type slogan
- 01 April 2020: Logo type slogan
- 03 April 2020: Logo type slogan
- 06 April 2020: Logo type slogan
- 08 April 2020: Logo type slogan
- 10 April 2020: Logo type slogan
- 13 April 2020: Logo type slogan
- 15 April 2020: Logo type slogan
- 16 April 2020: Logo type slogan
- 17 April 2020: Logo type slogan
- 20 April 2020: Logo type slogan
- 22 April 2020: Logo type slogan
- 23 April 2020: Logo type slogan
- 27 April 2020: Logo type slogan
- 28 April 2020: Logo type slogan
- 04 May 2020: Logo type slogan
- 06 May 2020: Logo type slogan
- 08 May 2020: Logo type slogan
- 12 May 2020: Logo type slogan
- 13 May 2020: Logo type slogan
- 19 May 2020: Logo type slogan
- 20 May 2020: Logo type slogan
If you come across any dates not listed above, please contact me to update the list. Many thanks for helping out.