Today is not only April Fool’s Day but a very real Phase 2 of the Movement Control Order in Malaysia! Duration of movement has been further reduced in order to keep people in their home.
The sound of the postman is a real welcome. The mail just arrived earlier in the afternoon. It seems that the delivery frequency is reducing in my area. How is your area’s delivery?
This time a bulk delivery to my mail box revealed quite a lot on what possibly transpired with the mails I sent during lunch.
- I did not find any postmarking on 26 March 2020. I believe the mail was carried forward to 27 March 2020.
- 27 March 2020 were all hand cancelled including the Mel Rakyat with M5 National Mail Centre (Pusat Mel Nasional). Update information: Some mails that got through to Machine 01 was found with the new Anti COVID-19 logo slogan cancellation.
- 28 – 29 March 2020 were non-working Saturday and Sunday.
- All the balance of the mail were processed on 30 March 2020 with a surprising new COVID-19 safety slogan!
30 March 2020 saw 2 machine cancellations:
Machine 01 (double ring) with the new Anti COVID-19 logo slogan
Machine 08 (single ring) with no slogan (with a bonus “warning of insufficient postage”)
Machine 08 (single ring) was also used on DL envelopes and my last Mel Rakyat.
The new COVID-19 safety slogan has a new large Anti COVID-19 logo followed by:
You Stay at Home, We Deliver
Do your part to stop the spread
of COVID-19 (next line)
Updated information: The first use of the new Anti COVID-19 logo slogan cancellation is on 27 March 2020 for mails that got through Machine 01. Now searching for 26 March 2020 information. Thank you Dr Wong for the update!
- Anyone seen the slogans in other states yet?
- Anyone has 26 March 2020 mail with slogan?
It seems Pos Malaysia is proactively supporting the campaign with public messages. Thank you!
Updated with information from reader Adrian Pua: The mail collection in his area is no longer daily thus there might be gaps in the mail delivered to the processing centres.
Updated with information from reader Dr Wong: The Anti COVID-19 logo slogan cancellation was found on 27 March 2020 mail through Machine 01 National Mail Centre.