Will the fishes come out on 30 January 2018? Yes!, that is the information that I received. However this time there was no media preview.
The issue will feature 3 stamps and a Miniature Sheet.
- 60 sen – Harlequin Rasbora
- 60 sen – Pearl Gourami
- 60 sen – Mahseer
- RM 5 – Golden Arowana with Gold Foil effect and die cut
- RM 6 – empty folders
All prices are before GST.
The designer company is World Comms.
- Stamps: 200,000 pieces for each design
- MS: 25,000 pieces
- Blank FDC: 30,000 pieces
- Empty folders: 2,000 pieces
Updated 31 January 2018:
Yesterday saw a good response but not the sell out response like the Working Dogs issue. The focus was on the Golden Arowana and it came out tops with the die cut and Gold Foil effect! Everyone gave their two thumbs up for the MS design. The stamps were just as stunning.
Here is the scene on the opening of the Philatelic Bureau:
Mr Shahrul Izhar, the designer from World Communications Network Resources, came early to autograph the various products.
In addition, Pos Malaysia gave out packets of ang pows (Red Packets) for purchases of RM 100.
This is a very nice gesture and hopefully more can enjoy this freeby.
Some matching locations for this issue are:
- Tanjung Sepat for the Mutiara Sepat
- Locations in Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang and Sarawak for the Mahseer.
- Simpang Ampat (Semanggol, Perak) for the Golden Arowana which is bread around Bukit Merah.
How was the response in your location?