This month (November 2018), Malaysia has a few possibility for extended weekend stretched. So if you are free and would like to explore old Kuala Lumpur and enhance your first day covers (or make nicer postcards) while learning history and getting a certificate in return, read on………
Did you know that you can do all the above with the Kuala Lumpur Must Visit Attractions Trail? The trail is given on a trail card where there are 12 stops. At each stop, there is an official cachet. The cards can be obtain at the Central Market (Pasar Seni) information counter (just in front of the entrance). Central Market opens at 10:00 am.
Here is what is interesting from the first day covers’ point of view. These official cachets can match some of the recent FDCs:
- Sultan Abdul Samad Building (Bangunan Sultan Abdul Samad)
- Merdeka Square (Dataran Merdeka)
- National Textile Museum (Muzium Tekstil Negara)
- National Mosque (Masjid Negara)
The Central Market has a special edition 130 Years of Central Market cachet!
So go ahead:
- Get to have a self guided tour
- Get to know old Kuala Lumpur
- Get to enjoy the fabulous food along the trail
- Get to bring your family and friends along to explore
- Get to exercise
- Get to find more cachets
- Get to make your covers / postcards better
- Get to obtain a certificate!
- Get to do it on your leisurely time!
Once you have visited the 12 locations and cancelled the cachets on the card;
you can exchange it for a serialised certificate with your name at the Malaysia Tourism Centre.
What are you waiting for? Get moving!
Happy Holidays to all!