Today (17 June 2019) was the Media Preview for the Sour Fruits stamp issue. Both Dr Mohd Norfaizal Ghazali, Senior Researcher, Malaysian Agricultural Research and Development Institute (MARDI) (seated on the left of the photo) and Tuan Haji Alias Haji Ali, Managing Director of Pak Ali Food Industries Sdn Bhd (on the right of Mr Haidan, Head of Stamps and Philately Unit), attended the Media Preview. There was quite a good response from the media as Pak Ali brand name is very popular for the pickled fruits.
On display were also the fresh sour fruits as well as an Asam Jawa tree!
Here are Encik Haidan Abdul Rahman, Dr Mohd Norfaizal Ghazali and Tuan Haji Alias Haji Ali with the products.
The products are:
- 60 sen stamp: Asam Kelubi or Asam Paya (Eleiodoxa conferta)
- 60 sen stamp: Asam Embang, Bua Embawang (Sarawak) or Bambangan (Sabah) also known as Wild Mango (Mangifera pajang)
- 60 sen stamp: Asam Kandis (Garcinia xanthochymus)
- RM 3.00 Miniature Sheet: Asam Jawa (Tamarindus indica) with elongated octagonal perforations
- 50 sen envelope
- RM 6.00 empty folder
The designer is KY Lim from Reign Associates.
The quantities issued are:
- Stamps: 200,000 pieces per design
- MS: 22,000 pieces
- Envelopes: 27,000 pieces
- Folders: 1,600 pieces
On 19 June 2019, Pak Ali Food Industries will open a stall to sell various Sour Fruits. The stall will be open for the whole day. Take this chance to buy some of the popular products. Here is a sample during the preview:
Meanwhile, I am looking for the Asam Tree…….