Today Pos Malaysia will release the following Setenant Strips Sheets:
- Musical Instruments Series 2 (I think Pos Malaysia made an error on the price shown in the poster)
- Medicinal Plants Series 4
- ETS (NOT the Overprint ETS stamps setenant that was opened for SODA, this is the original ETS)
I have spares for sale in full sheets. Contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The information in this article has been updated with information from the media preview held on 01 June 2018.
The next issue is planned to be released on 05 June 2018. The issue will comprise of the following designs and quantities:
- 60 sen stamp featuring Tun Mustapha Tower, Kota Kinabalu City Mosque, North Borneo Railway Service and Sabah Tourism Board Heritage Building: 200,000 pieces
- 80 sen stamp featuring Mount Kinabalu, Sipadan Island, Orang Utan (Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre), Bornean Bristlehead and Corals: 200,000 pieces
- RM 3 MS featuring Bukit Trig (in Keningau), Keningau Oath Stone, Sabah Handicraft Centre, Cinnamon stick (Cinnamomum zeylanicum), Trus Madi Pitcher Plant (Nepenthes x trusmadiensis): 25,000 pieces
- 50 sen blank envelope with the Orang Utan: 28,000 pieces
- RM 6 empty folder: 1,700 pieces
From 01 June 2018, the GST rate is set to 0% from 6%.
The stamp tabs on the stamp sheets feature various other Sabah themes.
The concordant locations are:
60 sen stamp – Kota Kinabalu
80 sen stamp – Sandakan
RM 3 – Keningau
The designer is Mr KY Lim from Reign Associates.
The good news is that the Standing Order Deposit Account (SODA) orders will receive the Kota Kinabalu cancellation!
Happy holidays to Sabah, the Land Below the Wind!
ps: Homework: Why is Sabah called the Land Below the Wind?
The next issue will be released on 10 April 2018. The theme is Musical Instruments of Malaysia Series 2. Series 1 was issued back in 07 March 1987. That is over 31 years ago! I guess you never know when the next series will be issued 🙂
This issue will comprise of 60 sen stamps (2 types) and 80 sen (2 types), a RM 5.00 Miniature Sheet (gloss varnish on the musical instruments) and a Folder. The SODA version of the FDC looks great!
The musical instruments featured are:
- 60 sen stamp: Sitar (200,000 pieces)
- 60 sen stamp: Pipa (200,000 pieces)
- 80 sen stamp: Sape (Sapeh) (200,000 pieces)
- 80 sen stamp: Sundatang (200,000 pieces)
- RM 5.oo MS: Ghazal troupe with Gambus, Biola (Viola), Tabla and Harmonium (25,000 pieces)
- 50 sen envelope: Kreb (Krem) (28,000 pieces)
- RM 6.00 Empty folders (1,800 pieces)
The concordant cancellations are Brickfields, Lubok China, Kuching / Miri, Kudat and Johor Bahru / Muar / Batu Pahat.
This issue is designed by Reign Associates.
Updated 06 April 2018:
A media preview was held on 06 April 2018. The additional information provided are the quantities of issue for each item which I have updated above.
Do not forget to join our bit of fun for http://www.myfdc.wordpress.com reaching 500,000 views which is anticipated mid April 2018. It is currently about 498,000 views now. Right now, there is a sale on Facebook for 50 old FDCs starting from RM 5.00 for Malaysian addresses, check them out at:
Keep a look out for campaigns on eBay soon.
I will keep you posted.
Thank you for your support.
The next stamp issue is planned to be released on 27 February 2018. This time the topic is on Rivers in Malaysia.
The products (and quantities) are:
- 60 sen stamp – Sungai Pahang, Pahang (200,000 pieces)
- 80 sen stamp – Sungai Kinabatangan, Sabah (200,000 pieces)
- RM 8.00 MS – Sungai Rajang, Sarawak (25,000 pieces)
- 50 sen – Envelope (28,000 pieces)
- RM 6.00 – Empty Folder (2,000 pieces)
All prices are before GST.
Did you know that the Miniature Sheet is the longest MS (and stamp) issued in Malaysia? It is 160 mm in length!
Anyone keen to traverse the riverine Post Offices?