The next issue is the International Stamp issue planned on 01 October 2016.
Today is the launch of the stamps in the Philatelic Bureau in Kuala Lumpur.
This issue coincides with the Stamp Week 2016 from 01 – 07 October 2016. The Stamp Week will be held in the General Post Office, Pos Malaysia Headquarters on Level 2 and 3 starting at 09:30 am – 05:30 pm from 01 – 03 October and 09:30 am – 07:00 pm from 04 – 07 October. There will be daily cancellations during the Stamp Week 2016. In addition, there is also a Postcrossing Meetup on Level 3. The Postcrossing Meetup will have a cachet.
The International Stamp will be on sale in the Philatelic Bureau, Kuala Lumpur on 01 October 2016 starting from 09:30 am. It is also the first Saturday of the month, thus most post offices are closed. The Philatelic Bureau version are in sheets of 10 pieces.
The stamps will be on sale on 03 October in Kedah, Kelantan, Terengganu and Johor. The other states will see the stamps being sold on 04 October.
Here is the poster:
The philatelic stamp sheet designs are:
1. 10 sen: Festivals – possibly Zapin Dance, Silat, possibly Bharata Natyam, possibly Mask Dance (Mah Meri), Ngajat Dance, Sumazau Dance and Lion Dance
2. 20 sen: Local Fruits – Rambutan, Durian, Nangka and Manggis
3. 50 sen: Wildlife – Orang Utan, Rajah Brooke’s Birdwing Butterfly, Tapir and Tiger
4. RM 1: Unity – Sikh, Chinese, Malay, Indian, Nyonya all around a table with some local cookies and kuih
5. RM 2: Places of Worship – Putra Mosque, Thien Hou Temple, possibly Sri Mahamariamman Temple and Christ Church in Jalan Laksamana, Melaka
6. RM 5: Our Nation – Map and Flag of Malaysia with silhouette of Petronas Twin Tower and KL Tower
7. RM 10: Flora – Bunga Raya, Orchid, Morning Glory, something that looks like Jasmine and
possibly – confirmed it is a Bougainvillea Bunga Gapis
8. RM 20: Handicrafts – Wau, Pua Kumbu and another possibly Dayak handicraft design
The following are the quantities issued per value:
10 sen, 20 sen, 50 sen: 120,000
RM 1, RM 2: 100,000
RM 5, RM 10, RM 20: 30,000
The proposed concordant location if the above designs are correctly identified are:
01 October 2016: First Day Bureau chop
10 sen: KL, Johor Bahru, Kuching and Kota Kinabalu
20 sen: Segamat
50 sen: Gombak, Kuching and Sandakan
RM 1: Melaka
RM 2: KL, Putrajaya and Jalan Laksamana
RM 5: KL and KLCC
RM 10: Ipoh
RM 20: Kota Bharu and Kuching
Keep in mind that 01 October 2016 is the first Saturday and thus the post offices are closed. The normal 100 pieces sheets will then need to come out on 04 October as 02 is a Sunday (and a holiday) and 03 October is a replacement Public Holiday (except Kedah, Kelantan, Terengganu and Johor which will see the stamps being sold on 03 October). The normal sheets of 100 pieces do not have “year” markings unlike the current local definitive.
Thus the first day of usage for the normal sheets of 100 will vary – 01, 03 or 04 October depending on where you are. Here are the proposed locations for normal postmarks.
First Day Usage:
20 sen: Tanjung Rambutan, Guar Chempedak and Durian Tunggal
50 sen: Taman Melawati
RM 10: Melor
A full concordant FDC for this issue is far too expensive and too complex.