The next issue is on Medicinal Plants Series 4. A media preview was held in the GPO Kuala Lumpur Philatelic Bureau Headquarters. This issue will be released on 17 May 2018.
This time the issue will comprise of:
- 60 sen stamp featuring Jering (Dogfruit / Archidendron jiringa)
- 80 sen stamp featuring Putat (Freshwater Mangrove / Barringtonia asiatica (this might be incorrect as the Freshwater Mangrove should refer to Barringtonia acutangula or Barringtonia racemosa!) *Note: Barringtonia asiatica is usually referred to as Fish Poison Tree / Sea Poison Tree
- RM 1 stamp featuring Engkalak (Butter Fruit / Litsea garciae)
- RM 3 MS featuring Petai (Bitter Bean / Parkia speciosa)
- 50 sen blank envelope
- RM 6 empty folder
Prices are before GST (6%).
Matching postmarks would be from Changkat Jering for Jering and anywhere in Sarawak (or Sabah) for Engkalak.
The quantities issued are:
- 200,000 pieces of each stamp design
- 25,000 pieces of MS
- 28,000 pieces of blank envelope
- 1,800 pieces of folder
Any experts out there to weigh in your opinion on Putat’s more accurate scientific name?