Normal mail deliveries to my area has slowed to once every 2 days – Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It might have been a coincidence or a lack of mail. I could not ascertain. I have been sending a letter consistently every day to find out when the COVID-19 Movement Control Order safety slogan will be printed.
Here are some observations after I received today’s mail.
“DL” size long envelopes are all sent to the National Mail Centre Machine 01 (double ring). The COVID-19 Movement Control Order safety slogan continued into 25 March 2020. I believe it will be on-going.
However the smaller aerogramme size Mel Rakyat is routed to National Mail Centre Machine 08 (single ring) which does not carry the COVID-10 Movement Control Order safety slogan.
If you compare the height of the cancellation, Machine 08 just about fit the Mel Rakyat. I have other examples of the week and they were all routed to Machine 08 consistently. Thus I do not recommend sending Mel Rakyat to obtain the COVID-19 safety slogan.
Here are some recommendations:
- Use a “DL” size long envelope – windowless preferred.
- If you use more than 1 stamp to make up the postage rate, stick Horizontally.
- Drop in the mail box.
- Do not use Mel Rakyat as the height is lower. It has been established that 10.5 cm – 11.5 cm height will go through. Mel Rakyat is only 9.5 cm in height.
- Old unused FDC envelopes are also suitable.
- It seems so far that the slogan is only seen from the National Mail Centre Malaysia in Shah Alam.
If your State has begun using the slogan, can you share a picture with our readers? Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be Healthy and Safe everyone!