Oh, dear, I overlooked the view count. I know myfdc was reaching 700,000 views and today when I checked it has crossed 702,000 views!
When myfdc first started out it was just to catalogue down the concordant FDCs of Malaysia. I have slowly added sections on Exhibition Covers, Commemoratives, Flight Covers and so on. There is also a section or specialised Articles on topics that appeal to certain specialised collectors. There is even a section on “Errors” though I have not had time to update it for quite some time.
I have put tags for the following thematic collectors: Birds, Unusual, Insects, Pitcher Plant, Trains, Animals, World Post Day, Joint Issue and so on. I have noticed the bird and pitcher plant collectors are much more active.
I have added an option to help non-Malaysian collectors buy the new issues (or back issue) via email@example.com
If you have any further ideas for improvement, just drop me a note. I do look into them and all it takes is a bit of time, patience and will to start.
What is coming up? I am building a Malaysia First Day Cover Market Guidance. I went out to check out the pricing at the last PSM Stamp Fair and it came quite close. It will take time to build this section and I hope this will help the FDC collectors.
Back to our little fun. It is always fun to have a small celebration and giveaway. Since it has been a very busy month on philately, I will keep it simple. I do not have time to put up a really nice quiz.
Here is what I will do: I will mail out a MS FDC of the 150 Years Sarawak Stamps on 18 July 2019. If I happen to be busy on that day ad could not go to the GPO, I will send the next issue’s FDC.
Anyway, here is how I will select the lucky person. I sort of noticed a Facebook stamp group that gives away random stuff using a random number generator. So here is how it goes:
- This is open for anyone anywhere in the world.
- Put a number in sequence in the Comment below.
- First person, put 1, followed by the second person 2, and third person 3… and so on.
- One person can put one number.
- Multiple entry by the same person will be disqualified.
- In case there is a person who cannot count and put the same numbers (perhaps both were typing at the same time…. unlikely on a blog), the first person who put the number will be valid.
- If a number is skipped by a mathematically challenged person, just continue with the next number our champion number counter put.
- Continue the number sequence.
- On 17 July 2019 night, when I am free, I will run a random number generator and pick a lucky number.
- I will contact the lucky pick to get your address. Please do not put your address in your comment. Just a number.
- If you do not respond, I will contact the second person and so on.
No need to chase me, it is a giveaway, so chill out.
Oooo, yes, where to post your number? Below this posting and NOT on myfdc Malaysia FB nor anywhere else.
Many thanks for reading myfdc!