Today Pos Malaysia will release the following Setenant Strips Sheets:
- Musical Instruments Series 2 (I think Pos Malaysia made an error on the price shown in the poster)
- Medicinal Plants Series 4
- ETS (NOT the Overprint ETS stamps setenant that was opened for SODA, this is the original ETS)
I have spares for sale in full sheets. Contact me at: email@example.com
Pos Malaysia will be represented by Philatelic Society of Malaysia (PSM) for the World Stamp Exhibiton in Bangkok, Thailand. The event is held in Royal Paragon Hall 1 – 3 in downtown Bangkok. It runs from 28 November 2018 until 03 December 2018. Thailand Post is providing an exhibition cachet and daily cancellations. These are the current image available and subjected to changes.
Pos Malaysia is expected to have the exhibition cachet to complement the Exhibition Overprint MS of the ETS issue.
PSM will be selling their own envelope. There is also a proposal to pre-sell the envelope during the Stamp Week 2018. Why not drop by and have a look during Stamp Week at the PSM booth?
Here is the image with the consent to share by PSM (copyright holder of the envelope design).
The overprint MS is also expected to be on sale by the International House of Stamps in the exhibition hall.
While Pos Malaysia has not provided information on the order forms for SODA, it has been a trend that Pos Malaysia offers the overprints AFTER the exhibitions.
Updated 12 November 2018:
Philatelic Society of Malaysia was selling the blank envelopes at RM 2.00 each at the Stamp Week 2018 in their counter in the Kuala Lumpur General Post Office.
Updated 26 November 2018:
If you are interested in the Thailand 2018 commemorative stamps, you can read them at the Thailand Post Stamp Catalogue (October – December 2018): http://www.mbookstore.com/book-read/10412 (pages 6 – 7).
Any readers who is visiting, I appreciate it if you can also send back news and maybe a few pictures for the readers.
I will not be attending.
Updated 27 November 2018:
Here are the SODA Order Forms for the ETS MS Overprint and ETS MS Overprint Exhibition Cover.
The next issue is on the Electric Train Service provided by Keretapi Tanah Melayu. The products are:
- 60 sen featuring ETS Class 91 and Ipoh Railway Station – 200,000 pieces
- 60 sen featuring ETS Class 92 and Seremban Railway Sation – 200,000 pieces
- 80 sen featuring ETS Class 93 and Old Kuala Lumpur Railway Station – 200,000 pieces
- RM 6.00 MS featuring ETS Class 93 with the route (Padang Besar – Arau – Alor Setar – Sungai Petani – Parit Buntar – Taiping – Kuala Kangsar – Ipoh – Tanjung Malim – KL Sentral – Bandar Tasek Selatan – Kajang – Seremban – Pulau Sebang / Tampin – Gemas) – 30,000 pieces
- Blank envelopes – 28,000 pieces
- Empty folders with the route shown on the inside of the folder – 1,800 pieces
The Miniature Sheet is a trained shaped die-cut with spot varnish. This should appeal to the unusual stamp collector.
The designer, KY Lim from Reign Associates have been invited to autograph this issue.
Anyone interested to take the route for another epic philatelic journey?